The Top English Grammar Tips From A–Z
1pinta de leche femenino
- Supermarkets will not pay farmers here a realistic price for the milk they produce, even though most of us couldn't price a pinta any more than we could a gallon of petrol.
- Mornings will never be the same again in Rossendale - but milkmen Jack Schofield and Derek Worthington will finally get a lie-in after delivering their last pintas.
- He and his dad relied on a horse and cart to take the early morning pintas to a rural community.
- Dairy farmers receive just 8p at the so-called ‘farmgate’ for every pint of milk they sell, whereas consumers pay an average of 36p for their daily pinta.
- Who doesn't whip into Waitrose to pick up a spare pinta rather than add a ‘please milko one more please’ note to the doorstep - in fact, how many people still get milk delivered.
- Mr Stokes explained that German families do not have milkmen to deliver their morning pinta so TV bosses were keen to explain the custom to their viewers.
- Forty years ago free milk was seen as an essential part of school life, but today only 10 per cent of primary school children enjoy a daily pinta.
- Come fair weather or foul, the people of Milnrow and Newhey have always been able to rely on Dave Ainley for their daily pinta.
- So gossip magazines would be free to snap the Streatham girl buying her daily pinta, but could not publish the princess with hers.
- Do the EU people know that in Italy some locals actually order, rather proudly, a pinta rather than a newspaper?
- The supermarkets are squeezing them, and dairy farmers were protesting last week over the price of a pinta.
- An extra pinta a day for my Wheetybangs is called for I believe, nothing a like a good breakfast to get you set up for the day.
- This has been as much a part of British life as the cup of tea cooled by the doorstep pinta.
- You can't keep a good milkman down - and Ronnie Swinbank has been leaving Hellifield people's daily pinta for 71 years.
- ‘Drinka pinta milka day,’ and ‘Go to work on an egg.’
Learning English? Read More About The Language Here!